QuickBooks is a great solution when it comes to managing accounting or bookkeeping but there are different errors which occur every now and then which can cause a lot of your time. One of the errors there is a script error. In this article there will be detailed information on the same. QuickBooks Error Fix of script is also there please read the full post carefully.
What is a Script Error
An error in a script is basically caused because of the internet setting or either due to the updation of the web browser that you are working on. So by default if the required configuration of the browser is different before getting updated and now it has changed, naturally there will be an error.
Script Error in QuickBooks
To describe QuickBooks Script Error let me just give you an example, if a web page from QuickBooks is not been able to load. Now there are multiple reasons that this web page is not loading properly but it is by and large because of the script that is executed as per the given instructions. Root Cause of the Script Error in QuickBooks
As mentioned above the main root cause of the script error in QuickBooks is the changed or updated settings in your web browser as the QuickBooks software uses web soul to show all the web pages, it is because of the web browser that is there hosting all the webpages. It is imperative that you check that the Script Error is still there or you need to fix this particular issue.
To check that if the Script Error in QuickBooks is still there you can see the following cases to verify or even rectify the same:
- You need to verify that if you have created an account number or name and used it in the past and have created a new account using the same credentials.
- You can check whether you need to pay some bills which are due to accounts of different numbers of your account.
- There might be a possibility that you are doing the transactions and importing the details without even creating the account.
The above mentioned scenarios can cause the Script Error in QuickBooks, you can verify and rectify some of them.
How to Fix Script Error in QuickBooks
To fix the Script Error in QuickBooks you can read and follow the steps given below:
- Make Internet Explorer your default browser and that will certainly help you to resolve the Script Error in QuickBooks.
- Now in the same browser Internet Explorer, Go to the top left bar select ‘Tools’ and then go to ‘Internet Options’.
- After that you need to click on the given ‘Security Tab’.
- You need to move the cursor to the ‘Trusted Sites’ and tap on ‘Sites’.
- Now you need to go to the website adding section, and add ‘intuit.com’.
- After adding the website, deselect ‘Require Server Verification’ to allow the added site. And also deselect ‘Enable Protected Mode’.
By reading and applying all these steps one by one may resolve your issue. Though as suggested earlier a QuickBooks Specialist is highly recommended.
In Conclusion, an error which has occurred because of the internet setting or multiple reasons that are mentioned above can be simply fixed by making some mild customizations in your Internet Explorer web browser. The detailed article will not only educate you about the Script Error in QuickBooks but also the solutions. So basically, In this article we’ve tried giving you all the details, root causes and fixes of the Script Error in QuickBooks.